Welcome to myKwantlen
- MyKwantlen is KPU's online student portal that you will use throughout your time here at KPU.
- Applicants are assigned a myKwantlen account to access KPU's secure, online self-service options to monitor their application status, check for important email messages and update personal information.
- Once you become a KPU student , myKwantlen will continue to be the primary way in which the university will share information with you. You will use online self-service to register for courses, access course materials and check your grades.
- Email: myKwantlen is where you will find your @kwantlen.net email account which we will use to communicate with you regularly throughout the admission process, and later as a student, so be sure to check it often. If you prefer to use an email service other than KPU, you can auto-forward your KPU email account by clicking the "Email" tab in myKwantlen, selecting the "Options" tab and assigning a redirect email address.
- New to KPU? Your default Personal Identification Number (PIN) is a 9-character password based on your birthdate in this format: DDMonYYYY
(e.g. January 01, 1999 is 01Jan1999).
- Current students / employees: If you were a KPU applicant or employee prior to July 15th 2014, your default PIN is a 6-digit number based on your birthdate in this
- After logging in, visit Online Self-Service to configure your security profile and set up security questions that will be used to recover or reset a forgotten password (or PIN). Any changes to your PIN will be synchronized to myKwantlen, Moodle, student and faculty wireless access and student computing labs.
- Downtime January 30th
This site will be unavailable for approximately 30 minutes at some time during the evening of Saturday, 30 Jan 2016 while undergoing maintenance. You can access your Moodle course spaces directly by going to https://courses.kpu.ca.
- Email Defect
If an email sent to an @kwantlen.net address contains both an embedded image (e.g, image signature) and an attachment, any reply will contain only the original email. Nothing the student contributes will be captured by the myKwantlen email console.
Workaround #1: Avoid using both embedded images and attachments in emails.
Workaround #2: Compose a new email, rather than replying directly.
- Internet Explorer and myKwantlen have an issue that requires compatibility
One time instructions: Under Tools, click Compatibility View Settings, and add .kwantlen.ca to the list. The setting will remain in effect for all future logins from the configured computer.